Friday, February 20, 2009

Contemplations

Peebles gleam bright and clear at the foot of my vision.

I close my eyes and re-open them. The air, crisp and clean surrounds me, The crystal purity of the lake envelops my attention.

I grasp the cold steel of the writing instrument.

I look down at the paperwork that mars my vision.

My gaze drifts and lingers on the crystalline lake. It’s quiet, restful and patient. It beckons me to come play hookie from reality; to submerge myself in the purity and acceptance that I cannot find elsewhere.

I hear the scratching and then its done. I stand up, I walk forward. I hear the rising and then the steps recede.

I close my eyes. They reopen of their own volition. It’s over.

Reality no longer interests me. I want to play hookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wanna play hookie too!