Monday, October 12, 2009

Snapshot

But I, being poor, have only my dreams.
I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

- William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven months ago, I met a man.
He was tall, handsome, well built and possessed a quiet confidence.
As I watched him, palpable was the unspoken strength, quietly emanating from him.

Seven months later, he is now my fiancee.

I have spent hours and days with him.
I have learned vast amounts, both about him, as well as myself.

When I close my eyes,I picture his smile, slightly crooked. off-center.
A perfect foil for his personality.

I blink and my eyes rest closed once again; this time...I feel his arms.
I feel at home,safe and secure in his warm embrace.
I breath deeply and immediately am enveloped by his scent, a smell that signals to me that I belong.

In but a few days time, I will be his wife, Insha'Allah.

I have fallen in love, deeply and fully.
He is my beacon,my bastion,my anchor,my moor.
I offer my heart and my body, with a promise to work alongside him towards success in all endeavours.

Ours is a journey but just begun, one I look forward to undertaking with every fibre of my being.

2 comments:

Hayaah said...

Beautiful Gul D!!!

iA and Ameen to all ur aspirations and duas...

And iA to living happily, in contentment and peace, surrounded by blessings in all things good, together u two! Ameen!!!

<3
x's
lots 'n lots!!!

~ FiamaanAllah :)

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best for the new chapter in your life! May it be one full with blessings!

And do update more often, you write very well!